The carboxitherapy consists in the application of injections of carbon dioxide under the skin to eliminate spots of cellulite, stretch marks, localized fat and also to eliminate sagging of the skin.
The gas procedure works by improving circulation and cellular oxygenation of the tissues. Its application is wide because when applied on the face, increases collagen production, already in the buttocks reduces cellulite and also combat localized fat, destroying the fat cells.
The price of the procedure can vary between R$120 and R$600,00, depending on the number of sessions and the regions to treat. So depending on each case, the total cost of the sessions of carboxitherapy can also pass of R$600,00. The only professional trained to perform the procedure is the therapist an expert in dermatofuncional that has license to perform the technique and first aid course in order to relieve the patient, if necessary.
The application of the carboxiterapia it really hurts, because the entry of the gas under the skin provides a slight detachment of the skin, causing pain. However, the pain is temporary, may last a few hours and improves gradually, as well as local swelling. Therefore, it is recommended to start the sessions with less gas, so that the patient go getting used to the few with the technique.
The procedure is especially indicated for:
- Cellulite:reduces the local swelling and burning fat of cellulite due to increased circulation in the local area. Know how is the procedure to eliminate cellulite.
- Stretch marks:stretch the tissues of the location and fills the region with gas by stimulating the production of collagen. Here’s how it works the procedure for stretch marks.
- Localized fat and flaccidity:it improves the blood circulation at the site of injection, thereby facilitating the burning of fats. Learn more about the procedure for localized fat.
- Dark circles: reduces swelling and brightens the skin. Learn how is made the procedure for under-eye circles.
Thus, the benefits of the procedure are:
- Increase the local blood flow;
- Encouraging the production of collagen fibers that support the skin;
- Increase the local metabolism;
- Improve the appearance and decrease the size of scars;
- Facilitate the healing of chronic wounds;
- To promote the burning of fat;
- Undo the lumps of cellulite.
The number of sessions depends on the goal of the person, of the region and of the body of the person. Typically the clinics offer packages of 10 sessions that should be carried out every 15 days.
Risks of the procedure
The risks of the procedure are rare, however, you may encounter some side effects such as:
- Pain and swelling at the injection site;
- Feeling of numbness or stinging in the skin;
- Small bruises in the region of the application;
Due to the existence of some side effects, the procedure is contraindicated in cases of skin allergy, obesity, pregnancy, herpes, and heart or lung disease.